What We Believe
Torrance Parish Church of Scotland is a Bible based, prayer founded gathering of the Lord’s people in the village of Torrance.
It is our mission to make Him not just known about, but known altogether through a personal and living relationship with Jesus Christ as revealed by God’s Holy Spirit.
To that end we unite regularly in worship to learn of Him and to share what great things the Lord has done for us, both as an encouragement to each other and as evidence that the Living God is at work amongst us today.
We also maintain prayer support for many missionaries who have gone all over the earth to tell about the love of God so that many may come to a living relationship with Him.
Our tenets of belief comply with those of the Evangelical Alliance, in summary:-
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration of the Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
- The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.